I have had to choose and end-point for my LIS 518 course assignment, but not for this blog. Stay ‘tooned’ for more!
Future topics planned for exploration in this blog include:
- The Cold War era
- The Korean War
- Gandhi’s non-cooperation movement
- The Cuban Revolution
- The American Civil Rights Movement
- The Vietnam War
- Indonesia-Malaysia (Borneo) confrontation
- The Iranian Revolution
- The Falklands War
- The Gulf War
- The Iraq War
- The anti-apartheid movement in South Africa & uMkhonto we Sizwe (MK)
- The Bosnian War
- The dissolution of the Soviet Union
- Recent and ongoing conflicts and civil rights movements, such as terrorism movements around the world, the Egyptian crisis, Turkey, Gaza-Isreal coflict, the American Indian Movement, Occupy Wall Street, Idle No More, and Black Lives Matter
… plus an analysis of the role of mass media in wartime propaganda, through a SCOT (social construction of technology) theory.
Suggestions for other topics are welcome! Please email me.